CBC News released a live Canada Day special on Wednesday, centered on the theme of commemorating those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic and the vanguard of protests against racism against blacks and anti-indigenous people.
Coverage starts on Wednesday at 11am ET. You can watch it live on CBCNews.ca and CBC Television, CBC News Network and Gem. It will also be broadcast on CBC News' YouTube, Twitter and Facebook pages.
Hosted by The NationalAndrew Chang of the special will present live performances across the country to see how Canadians are celebrating in unprecedented circumstances, and will feature messages from Gov. Julie Payette and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The special will also feature an individual interview with Trudeau.
In addition, there will be several notable guests making appearances, including:
- P.K. Subban, defender of the New Jersey Devils and gold medalist at the 2014 Olympic Games.
- Dr. Bonnie Henry, British Columbia provincial health officer.
- Jully Black, Canadian R&B and soul music icon.
- Dr. Isaac Bogoch, Infectious disease physician and scientist at Toronto General Hospital.
- Ashley Callingbull, Ex-mrs. Universe is one of the faces of Nike's new indigenous-inspired shoe.