Rugby Australia let go third of staff

Support the valuable effort of our heroes by donating in https://www.heroes-aid.com/ and sharing this video.

Advertisement

Rugby Australia has announced that it will leave almost a third of the team full-time to mitigate the impact of Covid 19 in terms of union finances.

The organization announced that 47 of its 142 full-time employees will leave in the coming months. The news comes after they announced cuts that will include 30 contractors and casual workers who will immediately lose their jobs. Last month, Rugby Australia announced it could lose $ 120 million. In addition, they left three players who refused to receive cut wages. According to BBC Sport, the senior team will have a 5% reduction in salary, while the Rugby Australia account by more than $ 5 million. The Australian rugby website has also been cut, rugby.com.au, which is an independent news arm. Sunday Morning says Rugby Australia will now release its own content without a dedicated team of reporters.

Advertisement

Rugby Australia Acting Chief Executive Rob Clarke said: “We delivered the news to employees this morning and told them that Rugby Australia values ​​the contribution of each and every one of them, some of whom have rendered a significant service to Rugby Australia and the game over many years. " Clarke speaking to the Sunday Morning Herald defended the cuts and declared that they were "difficult, but prudent in the current scenario".

Clarke said that an essential part of financial planning is a successful Wallabies. He said, "An essential part of our financial foundation is the success of Wallabies," said Clarke. "It is not all, but it is certainly an important part. We will protect this as much as possible … to help the Wallabies reach the world ranking."

Advertisement

Dave Rennie, who is the new coach, will not have to cut wages, according to the chief executive. He said, "Dave hasn't started yet, so he will be excluded from that," said Clarke. “All other employees above a certain threshold will be asked to make a 5% salary cut. It is a legal requirement and therefore we will follow the law there ". He also stated that the National Rugby Championship would not take place this year. However, he said there were talks about the Bledisloe Cup matches. This, of course, was between Australia and New Zealand, with the likely scenario of two games in each country, he said the Wallabies are likely to host New Zealand, South Africa World Champions and Argentina in a revised Rugby Championship.

Source link

Advertisement
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *