On Monday, a fire destroyed an eight-bedroom residential building with two outlets in Isale-Ago, the Ile Olu-Olo complex in the local government area of Offa, in the state of Kwara.
The head of media and advertising for the Kwara State Fire Department, Hassan Adekunle, who confirmed the incident in a statement in Ilorin, attributed the incident to a power surge.
Adekunle He said the fire had engulfed the entire building before the firefighters arrived.
He said: “Residents were late in calling the fire department, but on arrival, we managed to put out the fire, preventing it from spreading to neighboring buildings.
READ ASLO: Fire devastates Kwara commodity market
“In addition to the damaged roof, some valuable properties were also destroyed in the building by hell.
"However, during the course of our investigation, the fire is suspected to be the result of an electrical spark from the building's wiring system."
The director of the state Fire Department, Waheed Yakub, advised the people of the state to always call the fire brigade in time, whenever there was a fire incident.
Join the conversation