BREAKING: Police close APC National Secretariat
By Jide Orintunsin, Abuja
A detachment of police officers isolated the National Secretariat of the Congress All Progressives (APC), based on orders from the Inspector General of Police (IGP).
The Nation also learned that the IGP will meet with the two camps of the party's National Labor Committee (NWC) at the force's headquarters at 1 pm.
The order was collected, which was delivered through the FCT Police Commissioner, to the APC Security Chief, instructing the members of the National Labor Committee (NWC) not to be allowed to enter party headquarters.
A party source said the ban was to allow the chief of police and the two NWC groups to review and discuss the various court orders being brandished.
Court bans Obaseki from PDP primaries
By Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt
The Supreme Federal Court of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, prevented Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki from participating in the primary government election organized by the Democratic People's Party (PDP) in the state.
The court chaired by Justice E.A. Obile gave the order according to a motion filed on June 22 presented by one of the aspirants to the PDP government, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama.
The lawsuit listed the defendants as Prince Uche Secondus, Emmanuel Ogidi, Chief Debekeme Boyleyefa, Senator James Manager, Ajibola Muraina, PDP, Godwin Obaseki and the National Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The court granted the plaintiff's prayers by restricting the PDP and its officials from allowing Obaseki, any member or non-member other than those who purchased forms, to be examined within the timeframe set out in the primary elections scheduled for June 25, objective of nominating or electing a candidate for the 2020 governor election in the state, depending on the determination of the motion, upon notification.
The judge said: “This injunction order is granted preventing INEC from recognizing or accepting Obaseki or anyone else as a PDP candidate other than the name of the author or that of other candidates, who have already purchased nomination forms and have been displayed within of the deadline stipulated in the PDP schedule for the nomination process for the 2020 governor election in the state of Edo ”.
The court also gave orders for substituted services in the defendants and accelerated the hearing of the matter.
While granting the defendants an abbreviated deadline to appear and make their respective statements to the contrary, the court postponed the case until June 24.
Presidential advisor congratulates Ize-Iyamu for joining APC
The Presidency congratulated Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu on his appearance as the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the election of the Edo government, scheduled for September 19.
Ize-Iyamu won the direct primaries conducted by the party in various divisions of the state, with a huge margin.
In a congratulatory message, a senior media technical assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, Louis Odion, described Ize-Iyamu's victory as a demonstration of his ability to join APC in Edo behind a common goal and expressed confidence in the victory in September surveys. .
“With his victory, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu demonstrated an ability to unite APC in Edo behind a common goal. Without a doubt, it will lead APC to victory in government research on September 19, ”he said.
Ize-Iyamu emerges candidate for Edo APC guber
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu emerged on Monday the candidate for governor of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the September 2020 elections.
Imo State Governor Hope Uzodinma declared Ize-Iyamu as the winner of the direct primary defeat Pius Odubu and Osaro Obazee.
Edo APC guber primary results
A) Southern Edo Senatorial District:
1. lkpoba-Okha LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,581. Osaro Obazee = 67. Dr. Pius Odubu = 99.
2. Oredo LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,902. Osaro Obazee = 308. Dr. Pius Odubu = 67.
3. Orhionmwon LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,750. Osaro Obazee = 171. Dr. Pius Odubu = 418.
4. Ovia Northeast LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,650. Osaro Obazee = 70. Dr. Pius Odubu = 124.
5. Ovia Southwest LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,668. Osaro Obazee = 79. Dr. Pius Odubu = 108.
6. Uhunmwode LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,394. Osaro Obazee = 183. Dr. Pius Odubu = 274.
7. Egor LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1794. Osaro Obazee = 53. Dr. Pius Odubu = 81.
B) Edo Central Senatorial District:
1. Esan Central LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,333. Osaro Obazee = 114. Dr. Pius Odubu = 170.
2. Esan Northeast LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1 467. Osaro Obazee = 139. Dr. Pius Odubu = 176.
3. Esan Sudeste LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,400. Osaro Obazee = 144. Dr. Pius Odubu = 205.
4. Esan West LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,455. Osaro Obazee = 162. Dr. Pius Odubu = 220.
5. lgueben LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1 300. Osaro Obazee = 178. Dr. Pius Odubu = 251.
C) Northern Edo Senatorial District:
1. Etsako Central LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1 333. Osaro Obazee = 238. Dr. Pius Odubu = 326.
2. Etsako East LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,529. Osaro Obazee = 105. Dr. Pius Odubu = 196.
3. Etsako West LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,754. Osaro Obazee = 150. Dr. Pius Odubu = 262.
4. Akoko-Edo LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,335. Osaro Obazee = 185. Dr. Pius Odubu = 262.
5. Owan East LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,606. Osaro Obazee = 162. Dr. Pius Odubu = 230.
6. Owan West LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,537 Osaro Obazee = 216. Dr. Pius Odubu = 307.
Ize-Iyamu leads Edo APC primaries early
Going for the results declared in some of the primary wards in progress at the Edo All Progressives Congress (APC), the former secretary of the state government of Edo (SSG), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, took the lead.
In the Igieduma / Uhunmwonde LGA wing, of the 1568 accredited voters, Ize-Iyamu, who is competing with two other candidates, obtained a total of 1560 votes.
From wing 9 / Oredo, in Edo South, of the 200 accredited, 200 party members voted with Ize-Iyamu with 198, Odubu, 0 and Obazee 2.
From Ward 7 / Etsako West, in Edo North, of the 808 accredited, 784 party members voted with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, with 784, Odubu, 24 and Obazee 0.
From wing 3 / Egor, in Edo South, among the 195 accredited party members, 175 voted for him; Odubu is 15 and Obazee 5.
Ize-Iyamu votes in Edo APC primary
Former Secretary of Edo State Government, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, voted for his 5th ward in Ugboko, in the local government area of Orhionmwon.
Wearing a lemon-colored dress and a transparent face mask, Ize-Iyamu washed his hands and applied a disinfectant before being accredited by the electoral officer with the party card.
After his name was confirmed on the ward APC membership register, he received a ballot to vote for the candidate of his choice, which he did.
Meanwhile, the Edo State Primary Electoral Governance Committee acknowledged that voting was completed in some wards and few local governments in the state, with results expected to be announced at the state assembly center.
Senator Ajibola Basiru, secretary of the Primary Elections Committee for the State Government, speaking about the primaries, said: “However, we draw attention to the fact that some results are coming up on social media and we would like to inform the public at general to make no decision. these results seriously, as only the results authenticated by the Electoral Committee at the end of the year will be sufficient ”.
He added: "So far, the exercise has been peaceful and in line with Covid 19 regulations."