Court sets January 24 to start Kwara demolition hearing

Advertisement

By Adekunle Jimoh, Ilorin

The Kwara State Supreme Court in Ilorin, the state capital, yesterday set January 24, 2020 for the opening of the hearing between the state government and Asa Investment Limited (Ile Arugbo).

Advertisement

State government officials in early January demolished some properties on Ilofa Road, Ilorin GRA, which belong to the late Dr. Olusola Saraki, for alleged illegal acquisition.

Dissatisfied with the action, the politician's descendant and former Senate president Bukola Saraki filed an ex parte motion through his lawyer, AbdulAzeez Ibrahim, for the suspension of the court's execution.

The court prevented the defendants and anyone else acting on their behalf from further demolishing or destroying the claimant's alleged property.

Advertisement

Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, the House of Assembly, the Prosecutor General and the Commissioner of Justice, the Director General of the Kwara Land Department and the Inspector General of Police (PGI) are the defendants.

Ibrahim told the court that the case was for a moving hearing upon interlocutory injunction notification.

The lawyer stated that he had filed an ex parte motion to render service to defendants / respondents by substituted means.

Advertisement

He added that he was unable to serve the fifth respondent (PGI), saying that “the first to fourth respondent had been answered and they also responded. But the fifth answer was not answered personally. ”

Ibrahim explained that the “notice motion was dated and filed on January 13 and 14. The ex parte motion is supported by a seven-paragraph statement by Ayo Ibrahim. We count on all the averages contained in it. We also file a written address in support of the statement. I ask the court to grant the order so we can make progress. ”

While awaiting the fifth defendant, Ibrahim said: "We are orally requesting that the court order all parties to maintain the status quo in the interests of peace and justice, as well as an extension of the mandate of the interlocutory injunction."

Responding, Justice Commissioner Salman Jawondo said of the motion to replace service, "We can only be seen but not heard."

He added: “We oppose applying the extension of possession of the interlocutory injunction or whatever name is called. The app is also an invitation to chaos, as the case attracted a lot of warmth and attention, even beyond its content. "

Ruling the ex parte motion for services in place of the fifth defendant, Judge A. A. Adebara granted the request.

Read too: Ile Arugbo: PDP seeks demolition rig

“In this application, attempts to personally service the fifth respondent hit the rock. I am pleased that the service will be done by sticking the lawsuits on the bulletin board at the Kwara State Police Command facility, ”he said.

Refusing to make an express statement on the request to extend the interlocutory injunction, the Adebara Court urged the parties to remain calm and seek a way to settle the matter out of court.

He said: “The first thing that is paramount to this court is to encourage all parties to settle the case amicably out of court; nothing is impossible. The out-of-court solution is never too late to explore. I want both sides to believe that, by God's special grace, peace will prevail. I ask both sides to have a mutual understanding. "

He postponed the matter until January 24 for a hearing.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *