New cases in Victoria and New South Wales, Australia
Meanwhile, the Australian states of Victoria and New South Wales recorded six and three new cases of Covid-19, respectively.
In NSW, all three cases are recently returned travelers who are currently in mandatory hotel quarantine.
In Victoria, Health Minister Jenny Mikakos has just updated the media on the six new cases. She said two of the cases were related to a family outbreak in the Keilor Downs area of the state.
There was also another recorded case stemming from an outbreak linked to a Rydges hotel in Melbourne, which hosts travelers returned in mandatory quarantine.
A hotel security guard tested positive for the virus, bringing the total number of cases in that cluster to seven.
Mikakos also said that two schools closed because of positive cases last week – Keilor Secondary College and Holy Eucaristist Primary School – are due to reopen tomorrow.
Queensland, Australia, to facilitate the advance of restrictions
In Australia, Queensland's premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, has just announced that the state will anticipate easing Covid-19 restrictions within the state, allowing meetings of up to 20 people and travel within the state.
Speaking now, Palaszczuk said that as of June 1 (tomorrow) the restrictions that prohibit leisure travel within Queensland will be lifted. Or, as she described, "opening Queensland to Queenslanders". She also said that as of tomorrow, cafes, restaurants and bars in Queensland will be able to accommodate 20 people.
The state intended to lift those restrictions on June 12, but Palaszczuk said it decided to lift the ban on traveling within the state earlier than expected, due to "tremendous" work that controls the spread of the virus.
However, the difficult closure of the state's border with New South Wales, which is currently subject to a challenge in the High Court by mining magnate Clive Palmer, will remain in place.
Queensland has not reported any new cases of Covid-19 in the past 24 hours. There are currently five active cases in the state.
Los Angeles ends Covid testing amid protests
Donald Trump postpones G7 summit
In Australia, the New South Wales state government will move away from the planned $ 810 million ($ 540 million) renovation of Sydney's old Olympic stadium, while the state deals with the economic consequences of the coronavirus pandemic.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian will announce that the state government will dump the reform of the stadium, a key but controversial board, from his electoral speech last year, rather than announcing an AU $ 3 billion fund for smaller projects, ready to excavate.
The announcement will come a day before NSW seeks to increase its unstable economy, further easing the blocking restrictions introduced at the height of the pandemic, including increasing the number of allowed customers in places from 10 to 50 and allowing regional travel for the first time since March.
In a statement released to the press ahead of a formal announcement, Berejiklian said the decision to evict the stadium's reconstruction was part of a broader plan to increase state infrastructure spending to about $ 100 billion.
Blocking will be eased for England's most clinically vulnerable
Australians use block to quit smoking
Brazil registers record increase of one day in cases
Global cases exceed 6 million