Coronavirus: 22 March at a glance | World news

Main developments in the world coronavirus outbreak the day before include:

UK military planners recruited to help feed vulnerable people

Top military officers are to help ensure food and medicines reach vulnerable people isolated at home during the coronavirus crisis, as part of a national campaign to protect more than a million people most at risk of being hospitalized.

Advertisement

Italian PM orders companies to close all operations

ItalyThe government announced the closure of all "non-essential production activities" across the country, after the death toll from the coronavirus outbreak increased from 793 to 4,825 on Saturday. "Grocery stores and pharmacies will remain open," said Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte. "But all other non-essential production activities, including factories and offices, will be closed."

Lorenzo Sanz, former Real Madrid president, dies in Covid-19

Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz, died of coronavirus At 76, La Liga announced on Saturday. Sanz, president of Real from 1995 to 2000, had been admitted to the hospital with a fever and tested positive for the virus.

Rihanna promises $ 5 million to contain the coronavirus

Rihanna became the latest celebrity to join efforts to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The singer Clara Lionel Foundation announced on Saturday, it donated $ 5 million to various organizations that responded to the outbreak.

Advertisement

Bolivian presidential elections postponed

BoliviaThe interim government announced on Saturday that it would postpone the presidential elections scheduled for May 3 and institute a mandatory quarantine across the country for 14 days, while the coronavirus has spread throughout the Andean country. The country's electoral authority said in a statement that it would "suspend the election calendar" for 14 days to coincide with the quarantine, but did not set a new date for the vote.

Britons trapped in Peru may return home early next week

Hundreds of Britons arrested in Peru can be taken home early next week, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Commonwealth. More than 400 British and Irish citizens are believed to be in the country and have not been able to leave after a 15-day blockade imposed by the government since Monday.

Advertisement

First coronavirus cases in the Gaza Strip

The first two cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in densely populated areas Gaza Strip, Palestinian health officials said. Two Palestinians who traveled from Pakistan and entered Gaza through Egypt tested positive for the virus late Saturday and have been quarantined in Rafah, a city near the Egyptian border, since their arrival on Thursday, the Ministry of Health reported. of Gaza.

<iframe class = "surrounded" srcdoc = "

To call

callout-coronavirus

">

Source link

Advertisement
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *